Mobile Banking App
Do I need to register for the Mobile Banking App?
When you download the app, you will be asked on your first access to setup your Mobile Banking App PIN number or identification pattern. You must be registered for Internet Banking and will need to use your Internet Banking Password to validate your identity.
What is the difference between the Mobile Banking App and Internet Banking?
- Checking your balances and transaction history
- Transferring money from or to other Credit Union SA members
- Transferring money to other financial institutions
- Paying a bill using BPAY®
However, for services such as loan redraw, or opening a new savings account, you will need to access Internet Banking from a web browser on a computer, mobile device or tablet.
Is the Mobile Banking App free?
Yes. The Credit Union SA Mobile Banking App is free. However mobile service charges may apply. Check with your mobile phone service provider for specific details.
What measures can I take in securing my mobile device?
Your mobile phone or tablet is not "just a phone". Treat these like your wallet and keep them safe and secure at all times. Here are some tips for securing your smartphone:
- Put a password on your phone and a PIN on your SIM card
- Set up your device to automatically lock
- Ensure your member numbers and Internet Banking passwords are never stored on your mobile phone
- Encrypt your data - encryption secures your data if your phone is lost or stolen
- Consider installing security software from a reputable provider
- Keep an eye on your commonly used websites' addresses and make sure you are not redirected or diverted to other sites
- Do not click on unsolicited or unexpected links
- Check your mobile phone bill for unusual data charges or premium call rates
- Check for updates to your phone's operating system regularly
- Avoid mobile phone banking or financial transactions in busy public areas and over unsecured Wi-Fi networks
- Back up your data regularly
- Consider changing your Internet Banking password if your mobile phone is lost or stolen
- Ensure all personal information and data is deleted if you discard your mobile phone
For more information visit Stay Smart Online - An Australian Government initiative.
How many login attempts are there with the Mobile Banking App?
What is the Mobile Banking App?
The Credit Union SA Mobile Banking App is a simplified version of Internet Banking for your iOS or Android phone. It provides you the tools to easily check balances, pay bills and transfer funds. You can also locate the nearest rediATM and branch, general product information and apply for a new product.
To discover how to use all of the features on our Mobile App, refer to our User Guide.
What is fingerprint login?
If you have Touch ID enabled on your iOS device, you can use it instead of your PIN to log in to your Mobile Banking app. If you are unsure about how to use or set up Touch ID, read more.
What versions of iOS or Android phones are supported?
iPhone iOS 7.0 or later. Visit the iTunes store to update your software, or update from General Settings in your iPhone.
Not all mobile handsets are capable of accessing and using Mobile Banking App for Android. We support following systems:
- Samsung Galaxy S4 4.4.2
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4.1.2
- Samsung Nexus 4 4.1.2
- HTC One S 4.1.1
- HTC One X 4.2.2
- LG Nexus5 4.4.2
Can I access the Mobile Banking App when overseas?
Yes, however standard mobile contract, service and roaming charges may apply. It is recommended prior to using the Mobile Banking App overseas that you contact your mobile phone provider to establish what charges apply based on your current data plan.
Who do I call if I have a problem?
What fees and charges are payable using the Mobile Banking App?
Transactions performed using the Mobile Banking App do not cost extra and are charged as if they were performed using Internet Banking. You should however check with your mobile phone provider to establish what charges apply based on your current data plan.
How do I add or modify an existing payee or add another payee to my saved favourites?
To add a new payee or biller, or to make changes to an existing payee or biller, you can do this when transferring money to Pay a Member, Pay Anyone, etc.
Is the Mobile Banking App secure?
The Mobile Banking App is protected using the same protocol encryption as Internet Banking, providing all internet enabled mobile phones are 128 bit security enabled.
What should I do if my mobile phone is lost or stolen?
You should contact your mobile phone provider. However if you feel your member numbers and Internet Banking passwords have been compromised, you should consider changing your Internet Banking password.
How can I log out of the Mobile Banking App?
There are a few different ways to log out of the Mobile Banking App:
- Click on the logout button in the top corner of the right hand side of the screen
- Exit the app by pressing the home button on your phone
- Lock your phone
- For Android phones, minimising the app for five seconds
After locking your phone you will be required to insert your PIN or pattern to continue banking.
As an additional security feature, after five minutes of inactivity, your mobile banking session will automatically time out and you will need to log in again to start another session.
Does your Mobile Banking App work on a Windows phone?
No, our current Mobile Banking App is available for Apple and Android devices.
For a Windows phone, we recomment using our mobile friendly Internet Banking.
Find out more about our Mobile Banking App.