Skip to content


Foreign Exchange

  • I have received a cheque in a foreign currency - what can I do?

    Our foreign cheque deposit conversion service is a convenient way to receive payment by foreign currency cheques. Funds are held in your account and usually become available to access after 30 business days.

  • Do you have a travel card?

    You don’t need one! Our Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card, Visa Debit Card and rediCARD plus can be used overseas, so there is no need for a separate travel card. It includes no ATM withdrawal fees* as well as having the convenience of access to your internet banking and mobile app whilst travelling the globe. You can even order an additional card specifically for your travels, completely free of charge! Find out where your card will be accepted with this Global ATM locator.

    *We do not charge any fees when using ATMs within Australia. However, some ATM operators may charge a fee to process your transaction or balance enquiry. If withdrawing cash overseas a fee may be charged by the ATM operator and the details will be disclosed at the time of the transaction or enquiry. Other fees and charges may apply. This is general advice only and you should consider the terms and conditions before determining whether any of our products are suitable to your situation.

  • What is the International Payments Service?

    Our International Payments Service, otherwise known as a ‘Telegraphic Transfer’ is an electronic transfer of funds directly credited to an overseas bank account. Credit Union SA offers a choice of more than 130 currencies and the ability to send a Telegraphic transfer online.  

    Please note that Telegraphic transfers are sent via a network of correspondent banks, which sometimes levy a small handling charge on your payment. Any such fees are out of Credit Union SA and Western Union Business Solutions’ control. Given that a network of banks is used to complete your telegraphic transfer, the time it takes for your payment to be credited cannot be guaranteed.

    Find out more

  • How do I organise cash or travellers cheques for overseas?

    Credit Union SA can provide a number of different currencies, as well as advising you on the wisest choice for your particular destination. To order currency, visit us at 400 King William Street, Adelaide or call us on (08) 8202 7777 and we will have it ready for you in 3 – 4 working days. Credit Union SA do not issue travellers cheques.

  • What is an inward telegraphic transfer?

    An inward telegraphic transfer through our International Payments Service, is a direct credit of funds to your account from an overseas bank. All you have to do to set up an inward telegraphic transfer is access this link, complete your details and send the instructions to the sender overseas.