Many credit cards seduce with a low introductory rate on balance transfers, before charging excessive rates when you start making purchases or cash advances. This is not so with the Credit Union SA Visa Credit Card.
After the first 6 months of 0% pa on balance transfers, you’ll still enjoy a low ongoing interest rate– currently 10.49% pa – with the same low rate applying for all purchases and cash advances.
It’s also highly secure, with microchip technology, 24/7 fraud monitoring, Visa’s Zero Liability policy and Visa Secure for online purchases from participating merchants and payWave.
You’ll also be able to temporarily lock your card (if you misplace it), plus block payWave, international and online transactions whenever you need to – using the Mobile Banking App or Internet Banking.
You can apply online, call us on (08) 7111 1677 or visit us at 400 King William Street, Adelaide.
0% pa balance transfer for 6 months
Available any time for new or existing accounts and pay no balance transfer fee.1
Low $39 annual fee
No Annual Fee on any Visa Credit Card when linked to a Home Loan Package
No cash advance fees
low ongoing interest rate – currently 10.49% pa – for all purchases and cash advances.2
Up to 55 days interest-free on purchases
Simply clear your closing balance on time each month
Visa Credit Card interest rate
|Product Name||Interest Rate|
|Visa Credit Card¹||10.49% pa|
All credit card holders qualify for a balance transfer rate of 0.00% pa for 6 months at any time.
Visa Credit Card fees
Start your application now
You’ve come to the right place! With one of the lowest interest rates around, this card has got you covered.
Details you’ll need to have handy to help you speed through this application:
- your income and living expense details
- information about any credit cards or loans you have
Help me to save and budget
Whatever you have your heart set on, whether it’s a deposit for your first home, a new car, a beautiful wedding, or something else entirely, saving for it doesn’t have to be difficult.
With some helpful advice and by creating good habits – you can be well on your way to achieving your goals a lot sooner than you thought.
Mobile Banking App
Available for both Apple and Android smart devices, the Credit Union SA Mobile Banking App allows you to utilise all the best functionality of our website and Internet Banking services – anytime and anywhere you have an internet connection.
Digital wallets can be used to pay for purchases via a Credit Union SA Visa Debit Card or Visa Credit Card loaded into your smart device, wherever mobile payment systems are offered.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSView all Cards FAQs
We do not charge any fees when using ATMs within Australia. However, some ATM operators may charge a fee to process your transaction or balance enquiry. If withdrawing cash overseas a fee may be charged by the ATM operator and the details will be disclosed at the time of the transaction or enquiry. Other fees and charges may apply. This is general advice only and you should consider the terms and conditions before determining whether any of our products are suitable to your situation.
You are able to complete up to 20 payWave transactions per day per card with a daily limit set at $1,000.
The difference is that when you transact with your Visa Debit Card, funds are deducted from your bank account whereas with a Visa Credit Card you are making purchases on credit and we’ll send you a monthly statement outlining your transactions and the outstanding balance of your account.
Before you head off, make sure you let us know your travel plans so we can accurately assess your transactions and notify you immediately if any suspicious activity takes place. You can do this using your Mobile Banking App or Internet Banking.
Mobile Banking App
Select Overseas Travel from the drop-down menu, then Travel notifications and follow the prompts.
Select Cards from the top navigation menu, then click Heading overseas and follow the prompts.
Alternatively, you can call us on (08) 8202 7777 or visit us at 400 King William Street, Adelaide.
You’ll be protected by Visa’s Zero Liability Policy. With Visa's Zero Liability policy, you can get protection from fraudulent charges made with your card or account information. This means you can pay with total confidence, knowing you are protected against unauthorised use.
Plus, you now have the option to turn international purchases off at any time (for extra security) using Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App. You can also turn off domestic purchases and ATM withdrawals – which is a good idea if you’re travelling overseas.
When using your card overseas, fees and charges may apply.
- Update the App to the latest version & log in
- Go to the Card management menu item
- Select your card from your card list
- Click on Card controls
- Deactivate your Digital Wallet by clicking the toggle off, alongside the Digital wallet option (to reactivate, just click the toggle back on)
- Log in to your Internet Banking
- Click on the Cards icon in the top navigation bar
- Select Card management and complete the Two-Factor Authentication
- Click on Card controls alongside the relevant card
- Deactivate your Digital wallet by clicking the toggle off, alongside the Digital wallet option (to reactivate, just click the toggle back on)
You can apply for a Visa Credit Card through any of the following methods:
You should review the Visa Credit Card terms and conditions to determine if this product is suitable for your personal needs and situation.
If you’re in Australia:
- Log in to your Mobile Banking App and go to the ‘Card management’ menu item. Select your card from your card list and then ‘Lost or Stolen card’. Select from either ‘Lost card’ or ‘Stolen card’ and follow the onscreen instructions to cancel it. We will automatically issue you with a new card; OR
- Log in to your Internet Banking and select Cards > Card management. Validate your identity and select ‘Report card lost/stolen’. We will automatically issue you with a new card. (Check your postal address prior to changing the status of your card); OR
- Call our Head Office on (08) 8202 7777 (during business hours) or the 24-Hour Card Hotline on 1800 648 027 (if after hours) to notify us of your lost or stolen card.
If you’re overseas:
- Log in to the Mobile Banking App and go to the ‘Card management’ menu item. Select your card from your card list and then ‘Lost or Stolen card’. Select from either ‘Lost card’ or ‘Stolen card’ and follow the onscreen instructions to cancel it. We will automatically issue you with a new card; OR
- Log in to your Internet Banking and select Cards > Card management. Validate your identity and select ‘Report card lost/stolen’. You will need to request a new card by following the instructions below; OR
- Call +612 8299 9101 to cancel your card.
If you’re overseas and need a replacement card:
- Call us on +618 8202 7777 (access code required) during business hours to request a replacement card; OR
- Send us a SecureMail message via your Internet Banking with your request and current location for delivery of your replacement card; OR
- Send us a signed fax on +61 8 8211 9457 with your request and current location for delivery of your replacement card.
Check your account balance and transaction history using either Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App. If there have been any unauthorised transactions report it to Credit Union SA on +618 8202 7777 during business hours.
GUIDES AND NEWS
You can contact us by calling us, visiting us, making an appointment, or using Secure Mail.
We’re here to answer any questions you might have – make sure you have your Access Code ready!
400 King William Street, Adelaide has self-service options available to make your life easier.
Mobile Lending Managers
Our Mobile Lending Managers can help our members by phone or email, with video calls now available.
INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
Interest rates are current as at 16/12/2020 and are subject to change. Membership, credit criteria, fees and charges apply. Terms and conditions apply.
6 months interest free on balance transfers. At the end of the interest free period, the interest rate will revert to 10.49% pa variable.
*We do not charge any fees when using ATMs within Australia. However, some ATM operators may charge a fee to process your transaction or balance enquiry. If withdrawing cash overseas a fee may be charged by the ATM operator and the details will be disclosed at the time of the transaction or enquiry. Other fees and charges may apply. This is general advice only and you should consider the terms and conditions before determining whether any of our products are suitable to your situation.
Android, Google Pay, and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, Face ID, iPad, iPhone, iTunes, Mac, Safari, and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad Pro is a trademark of Apple Inc. Samsung Pay is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Fitbit and the Fitbit logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fitbit, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Garmin Pay is a trademark of Garmin Ltd. or its subsidiaries.
The target market for this product can be found within the product’s Target Market Determination (TMD), available at creditunionsa.com.au/legal/terms-and-conditions/target-market-determination