I am heading overseas – any tips?
View All FAQs
- Let us know where you are heading and how long for using your Mobile Banking App or Internet Banking.
- Organise some foreign currency you may need for your trip. You can buy foreign cash from 400 King William Street, Adelaide and over the phone and use your Credit Union SA Visa Debit Card overseas.
- Memorise your PIN – this is the same PIN you use at home and is used in the same way at ATMs and in some countries, over-the-counter.
- Check the expiry date on all of your cards and ensure they are valid for the duration of your trip.
- Photocopy your Visa Debit Card and passport, but keep the photocopies separate as proof of information.
- If you are unsure of the security of an ATM please don't use it. A Visa cash advance can be done at any financial institution that displays the VISA symbol. You will need to take your card and passport as proof of ID.
- You can also turn international purchases off at any time using Internet Banking or your Mobile Banking App (for extra security). Plus, you can turn off domestic purchases and ATM withdrawals – which is a good idea if you’re travelling overseas.
- For the latest travel updates and information, visit smartraveller.com.au.