Designed to be secure
Your payment information is protected using several layers of security and it is not stored on your device or shared with retailers. When you pay every transaction is authenticated by your fingerprint, Iris scanner* or device passcode.
Simple to use
With a simple and intuitive user interface, payments can be made in a matter of seconds. Activate Samsung Pay with an upwards swipe to select your Credit Union SA Visa Debit Card or Visa Credit Card before authorising payment.
More than just payments
Slim down your wallet by adding your favourite loyalty cards to Samsung Pay to quickly access them whenever, wherever†.
With in-built barcode scanning technology, Mobeam, your loyalty card barcodes can be successfully scanned at retailers.
Getting started is simple
Get started today in four simple steps:
- Open the Samsung Pay app and sign in with your Samsung ID.
- Register your fingerprint and device passcode which you’ll use to authorise payments. Members with a Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ can also scan their irises for iris authentication.
- Scan or enter your Credit Union SA Visa Debit Card or Visa Credit Card details.
- Verify your card details and enter the verification code.
For more information visit samsung.com/au/apps/samsungpay
Frequently asked questionsView all Samsung Pay FAQs
Samsung Pay uses Tokenization, a Secure Environment, and Samsung KNOX to secure your payment information. Additionally, you verify either using your fingerprint, Iris scanner (Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ devices only) or a 4-digit PIN when making purchases.
- From the Home screen, touch Apps.
- Touch Samsung Pay.
- Touch ADD or, if this is the first payment card being added, touch Add a credit card or debit card.
- Align your card inside the frame to automatically detect the card number and expiration date.
Note: Touch Enter card manually if your device cannot detect the card information.
- Please verify the information captured by the camera.
- Enter the remaining information and touch NEXT.
- Review the terms and conditions, and then touch AGREE TO ALL.
- If necessary, select a method to authenticate your identity using a one-time password (OTP) or by calling us on (08) 8202 7777.
- Enter your signature like you would sign on the back of your card and touch SAVE. Note: If you are unsatisfied with your signature, touch Retry to sign again.
- Touch DONE to complete the process.
- After your card is added to Samsung Pay, it will be verified by Visa and Credit Union SA. On average, verification will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes. During that time, you will be unable to use your card in Samsung Pay. Note: You can continue to add cards while others are being verified.
- After the card is verified, it can be used immediately to make a purchase.
There is not a default card in Samsung Pay. When you open the app or activate the Simple Pay feature by swiping up from the Home Key on supported screens, the first card displayed is either the last card you registered or the last card you viewed or used.
You can add as many loyalty cards as you want; however, only a total of 12 cards (loyalty, debit and credit cards) can be displayed by Samsung Pay when using Simple Pay. You may select which debit, credit cards and loyalty cards you would like to access with Simple Pay by selecting More, Settings, Edit Simple Pay.
- After putting on your Gear Smartwatch, you will be prompted to enter PIN once to authenticate the device. Samsung Pay on Gear needs to be authenticated each time the Gear smartwatch is put on and requires a periodic connection to a compatible smart device with Samsung Pay and internet access.
- Press and hold the Back button to launch Samsung Pay.
- The last card used or latest card added will be shown. You can select the card you want to pay by swiping left or right, or by rotating the bezel to select card.
- Tap on the Pay button to make payment.
- Place the top crown of your Gear smartwatch near the NFC or MST area to pay.
- Initiate Samsung Pay by either swiping-up from the home button or opening the Samsung Pay app from the home screen.
- Select your Credit Union SA Visa Debit Card or Visa Credit Card by swiping left or right.
- Verify your fingerprint and touch your phone to either the card reader or NFC reader to complete the transaction. Alternatively, enter your 4-digit Samsung Pay PIN if you have chosen not to use the fingerprint feature. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S8 or Galaxy S8+ smart device you can authorise the payment using the Iris scanner. Please note that you must wait until the verification is over before touching your phone to the reader or an error might occur.
INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
^ Devices compatible with NFC point of sale terminals for contactless transactions include Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy A5, Galaxy A7, Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+. All devices are compatible with MST point of sale terminals for swipe transactions except for Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge and Gear S2.
* Only compatible with Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+.
† Loyalty cards are not available on Samsung Pay on Gear.