Credit Union SA are committed to keeping you and your money safe while you transact with us.
Sadly, identity theft is now one of the most common crimes in Australia, and can lead to all sorts of associated illegal activities. Follow SCAMwatch's top 6 'protect yourself' tips to leave scammers out in the cold.
- Lock your mailbox, and shred your bills and other important documents before throwing out.
- Stop and think before providing your details online.
- Don't leave yourself vulnerable to a scammer - always use password protection, don't share access with others (including remotely), update security software and back up content.
- Set and use strong passwords which are difficult to guess, and change them regularly.
- If you think it's a scam, don't respond.
- You can get a free copy every year to check that no one is using your name to borrow money or run up debts. Visit ASIC's MoneySmart website to find out how to get a free copy of your credit report.
If you think your banking details have been misused, you should contact us (08) 8202 7777 immediately to let us know.
INFORMATION YOU SHOULD KNOW
This article is intended as general information only and has been prepared without taking into account the personal financial situation, objectives or needs of the reader. Before acting on this information, you should consider its appropriateness, having regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should always seek professional advice or assistance before making any financial decisions.