What is an 'owner occupied' home loan?

When you're buying or building a home or apartment you intend to live in, it's called an owner occupied property. This includes holiday homes that you don’t rent out and purchases of land on which you intend to build on, to live in. When you're applying for a home loan, you'll need to specify whether you're applying for an owner occupied loan or an investment loan. This distinction can change the interest rate options and loan features available to you.

View All FAQs