COVID-19 Member communication & toolkit
13 Mar 2020
We are committed to the safety, health and welfare of our staff and members. Given the current climate and as a matter of good business practice we are sharing our efforts to minimise the effect of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have any questions or if you are concerned about being impacted financially, please get in touch using the form below so we can so we can discuss your individual situation and figure out how to best support you. You can also download our full Financial Hardship Assistance Policy.
We have a Pandemic Plan in place based on World Health Organisation Guidelines and in some cases in excess of government mandates. We believe this approach is in the best interests of our staff and members.
- All non-essential business travel by Credit Union SA staff has stopped (both domestic and internationally).
- There is a mandated self-isolation protocol for 14 days for all staff returning from any overseas location.
- We would request that members don’t present to our branches if they are experiencing fever or any cold/flu like symptoms.
- All other visitors to our building are requested to confirm that they are not displaying any cold/flu like symptoms prior to attending our offices.
- Any staff members who have been exposed to somebody who is a confirmed coronavirus patient must self-isolate for at least 14 days.
- We will support our staff to work from home where possible.
- Our mobile managers can assist you by phone, email, video call or home visit and will work with you to determine which option suits you best.
You can safely continue to bank using our Mobile Banking App and Internet Banking 24 hours a day, wherever you are. And having recently won 'Best Digital Bank' at the DBM Financial Awards, you can rest assured our digital banking options are some of the best in the country.
You may wish to consider using tap-and-pay to reduce your physical contact with notes and coins. We support Google Pay™, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Fitbit Pay and Garmin Pay™. If you need help getting started please get in touch.
Our award-winning Mobile Banking App allows you to do your banking from the palm of your hand. You can:
- check balances and view your account history
- make transfers between your Credit Union SA accounts
- transfer to other Credit Union SA members or other financial institutions
- make international transfers
- pay bills via BPAY®
- view uncleared funds
- set up scheduled payments
- temporarily lock a lost or stolen card
- change your card’s PIN
- notify us of your overseas travel
- open a new Savings Account or Term Deposit
- view your eStatements.
Internet Banking will allow you to do what our app can do – and a little bit more - from the comfort of your desktop or tablet.
Send and receive money within seconds with a PayID. A PayID is a smart address for real-time payments that’s easy to remember. You can use your mobile number or email address. Then when someone needs to pay you, just give them your PayID instead of your BSB and account number.
Unfortunately, scammers are taking advantage of fears surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19). They’re setting up websites to sell fake products, and using emails, texts, and social media posts as a ruse to take people’s money and personal information.
Here’s some tips on how to keep yourself safe:
- Don’t open suspicious emails.
- Don’t click suspicious links or attachments.
- Ignore online offers for vaccinations.
- Be alert to “investment opportunities” for products or services of publicly traded companies claiming they can prevent, detect, or cure coronavirus.
Read more on COVID-19 scams by visiting Scamwatch.
Talk to us
We have temporarily reduced our King William Street opening hours to 8.00am - 5.30pm weekdays and 10.00am - 2.00pm Saturdays to help reduce the chance of COVID-19 spreading.
However, we will still be open longer to help you over the phone and on Web chat from 8.00am - 8.00pm weekdays and 8.00am - 2.00pm Saturdays.