We place an emphasis on working with local South Australian companies when possible and are committed to developing business relationships with high quality suppliers and partners who themselves are committed to operating under ethical and environmental standards equivalent to our own.
Treating customers fairly
We proudly follow and promote the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice (the Code) which requires us to:
- be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- focus on our members
- give you clear information about products and services
- be responsible lenders
- deliver high customer service and standards
- deal fairly with any complaints
- recognise our members’ rights as owners
- comply with our legal and industry obligations
- recognise our impact on the wider community
- support and promote the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
We are committed to sustainability and to combating climate change. As a digitally focused and largely paperless financial institution, we endeavour to protect the natural environment through practising energy and resource efficiency, recycling and using sustainable waste management. We also encourage all our members to choose digital statements over paper.
We will never donate to a political party, politician or party-political campaign group.
We are committed to using our voice to stand up for causes related to our business in line with our values and ethics.
- give back to the SA education sector with our School Community Rewards program and by supporting a range of education initiatives
- sponsor the SALA Festival and the SALA for Schools program, which aim to promote and celebrate local South Australian artists and give children the opportunity to express themselves through art
- support the important work St John’s Youth Services do with at-risk South Australian youth, and alleviating youth homelessness in Adelaide
- sponsor the Zahra Foundation who assists South Australian women, non-binary people and children affected by domestic and family violence.
We strive to draw our board and senior management team from a diverse pool with the purpose of creating a varied mix of skills, experience and outlook. Board members are screened for conflicts of interest and relationships with companies that do not meet our values and ethics.
Diversity and inclusion
Our goal is to make money work for everyone. To do that, working at Credit Union SA must work for everyone. That’s why we’re on a continuous journey to create a workplace that embraces individual differences and gives people of all backgrounds and circumstances the support they need to thrive and grow.