Inward payments Receive money from overseas
An Inward Telegraphic Transfer (TT) is an electronic transfer of funds to your account from an overseas party. In most cases, an Inward TT is the quickest way to receive funds from abroad.
To receive money to your account, please follow the steps below:
- Visit the Western Union website
- Complete the relevant information in the online form and submit
- You will be then presented with the deposit instructions. Please save these for your reference and email them to your payee and ask them to follow the payment instructions.
You’ll need to advise the person sending the money that these instructions must be presented to their bank when sending the payment to you, and:
- To deposit the amount into the account as stated in the instructions in local currency (e.g. if they are in the US, they make payment in US dollars)
- Ensure that “Payment Notes” are included in the bank’s reference field, as specified in the deposit instructions.
Your payment will normally be received within two to three days of it being sent, providing there are no unforeseen delays.
Received a foreign currency cheque?
If you have received a foreign currency cheque, our foreign cheque conversion service is flexible and convenient. Funds are held in your account and usually become available to access after 30 business days.
Exchange rate guarantee
Lock in a competitive exchange rate for 72 hours1
These transactions are completed as a local money transfer
Meaning better value and easier for the sender.
Fast and efficient
Great value for money
No fee for the sender, and no intermediary bank fees.
Want to do more with your money?
1Western Union Business Solutions will hold a quoted exchange rate for 72 hours. The payment will need to reach WUBS’s nominated account within this time frame for WUBS to honour the quoted rate.
The Inward Telegraphic Transfer service is provided by Western Union Business Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 24 150 129 749 AFSL 404092, trading as Western Union Business Solutions (“WUBS”), under its agreement(s) with Credit Union SA Ltd ABN 36 087 651 232 AFSL 241066. Western Union Business Solutions is an operating division of the Western Union Company. Fees apply. This is general information only and you should consider the terms and conditions before determining whether any of our products are suitable to your situation.