Skip to content
Help me to

Insure my things

Our guide to protecting your assets.

Credit Union SA can provide protection for your assets, your health and those that depend on you for a range of situations that could cause financial distress.

And we have the backing of Allianz, Australia’s Large General Insurance Company of the Year for the last four years.

This page provides a quick explanation of the many types of insurance we have available.

Home and Contents Insurance

If you own your own home you will likely want to protect it, and if you have a home loan, it will be a condition of your home loan that you have insurance on the building. Insuring the contents of your home, however, is always optional – although highly advisable – and equally suitable if you’re renting.

There are generally two forms of Home and Contents Insurance. One is protection against insured events and the other against accidental damage. Credit Union SA offers both types.

Our Classic Home cover will protect you against a range of insured events, such as fire, water damage and impact, just to name a few, while Prestige Home cover protects against accidental damage, which includes all the same insured events plus any accidental damage to your home, such as spilling a bottle of wine on your carpet.

Importantly, both types of cover include a Legal Liability benefit. This means if you’re found liable for damage to other people or their property you may be able to make a claim up to $20,000,000. For example, if your dog was on the street and bit a passer-by and they sued you for medical expenses, you could be covered for it and any associated legal costs.

Both the Classic and Prestige policies also come with a huge range of additional benefits, some of which may surprise you. For instance, you can claim up to $5,000 for accountant fees if the ATO decides to audit you under the Tax Audit benefit. You can also claim for certain fractures you may suffer, including your fingers and toes, under the Fracture benefit. Compare our home insurance easily today!

Home and Contents Insurance

Personal Effects

Something as simple as leaving a backpack or handbag on a bus or train could easily cost you thousands to replace if it contained things like a mobile, tablet or laptop, makeup and fragrances . ‘Personal effects’ cover can protect you against this sort of loss.

Available as an optional addition to your contents cover, it allows you to insure the items you carry with you outside the home. You can choose to cover:

  • unspecified personal effects: for general cover on items such as suitcases, clothing and jewellery; or
  • specified personal effects: where you select particular items you wish to insure up to their individual replacement value.

Home and Contents Insurance

Landlord Insurance

Our Landlord Insurance can protect your investment property and the contents items you provide for your tenant’s use. This will provide you with cover for insured events such as fire, theft, storms and more.

Landlord insurance also provides optional cover for rent default and theft by tenant. This means you could be protected if your tenant defaults on rent payments, leaves without notice, or steals your property.

Landlord Insurance

Motor Insurance

Comprehensive Motor Insurance can cover you for any accidental loss or damage to your vehicle up to either the agreed value (a set amount we agree with you) or market value (the cost to replace your vehicle at the time of loss). There will generally be a different cost depending on which type of policy you choose.

Credit Union SA’s Comprehensive Motor Insurance provides comprehensive cover for accidental loss or damage to your vehicle, as well as providing additional benefits. You have cover for up to $20,000,000 legal liability when using a substitute vehicle, access to a rental vehicle following theft, some cover for personal effects and clothing and even the cost of re-keying and re-coding your keys and locks if your keys are stolen.

There’s also the most basic level of cover, Third Party Property Damage. This won’t cover your vehicle, but will cover damage your vehicle causes.

With such a wide range of covers, optional covers and additional benefits available from different insurers it pays to do your research before investing in the cover that best suits you.

Motor Insurance 

Motorcycle Insurance

Credit Union SA offers both Comprehensive and Third Party Property Damage insurance for motorcycles. It includes some of the equivalent Motor Insurance benefits, such as new motorcycle replacement (if a total loss is incurred within two years of purchase), rental following theft and towing.

Also like Motor Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance comes with some optional coverage items, such as ‘riding gear cover’, which is available up to different amounts depending on how expensive your gear is. You can also pay to remove the excess on one headlight glass claim each policy year.

Motorcycle Insurance

Caravan and Trailer Insurance

You can purchase cover to protect against accidental loss or damage for your caravan or trailer. You also have many of the Comprehensive Motor Insurance benefits, such as a new caravan or trailer replacement after a total loss within two years of purchase, towing, legal costs and temporary accommodation.

Another great benefit is the included contents cover, which covers damage to your contents in an accident as well as theft (in some instances). As an option, you can add ‘fusion cover’ for fridges and other electrical equipment. As with all cover, it pays to do your research, but Caravan and Trailer Insurance provides great peace of mind.

Caravan and Trailer Insurance

Boat Insurance

Credit Union SA offers Boat Insurance through Club Marine, Australia’s largest provider of pleasure craft insurance. Whether you have a jet ski or a cruiser, a tinny or a yacht, Club Marine can give you the insurance protection you need, in and out of the water.

The Club Marine policy covers your boat, motor and trailer all in one policy, Australia-wide, and up to 250NM off the coast. It also offers a range of optional covers depending on how you use your boat, such as water-skiers’ liability, discounts for lay-up periods, racing cover and agreed values.

Visit us at 400 King William Street, Adelaide or call us on (08) 8202 7777 to talk more about your insurance needs.

Boat Insurance

We’re here to protect what’s most valuable to you.

How we can help

Allianz Motor Insurance through Credit Union SA has a great range of features and benefits designed to suit customers with different needs.

Protect your home inside and out from loss or damage caused by one or more of 11 insured events.

When accidents happen on the water, we’ll ensure you’re on solid ground.

Credit Union SA Ltd ABN 36 087 651 232, AFSL/Australian Credit Licence Number 241066, arranges Home and Contents Insurance, Landlord Insurance, Motor Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance & Caravan and Trailer Insurance as agent for the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL No 234708.

For Boat Insurance, Credit Union SA is an agent of Club Marine Limited (“Club Marine") ABN 12 007 588 347 AFSL 236916. Club Marine is an agent of the insurer Allianz Australia Insurance Limited (“Allianz”) ABN 15 000 122 850 AFSL 234708 and is a member of the Allianz Group. Club Marine is authorised by Allianz to enter into contracts of Pleasure Craft Insurance on their behalf under binder as if it were the insurer. We are authorised by Club Marine to enter into contracts of insurance on its behalf. We and Club Marine do not act on your behalf.

We do not provide advice on insurance based on any consideration of your objectives, financial position or needs. Policy terms, conditions, limits, exclusion and underwriting criteria apply. Before making a decision please consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement.

If you purchase insurance through us, we receive a commission that is between 0% and 30% of the premium. Please ask us for more details before we provide you with the services.

Let's Chat