How do I open a Children’s Savings Account on behalf of my child?
The Children's Savings Account is perfect for children under the age of 18 wanting to start regular savings habits. Every month a deposit is made without a withdrawal, bonus interest is paid. The account can be set up by the child themselves, or by you (on behalf of the child), wishing to regularly set funds aside for the future.
Who can apply?
- This account is for anyone under 18 years of age.
- A parent or legal guardian over 18 years of age can to open the account on behalf of the child (either online or in person).
- If you’re 12 years of age or over, you can open a Children’s Savings Account without permission from a parent or legal guardian (if you’re not already linked to a membership).
Open a child membership by following these instructions:
- Log into your Internet Banking
- Select Apply for from the top menu
- Click Child Membership from the drop-down menu
- Complete our online Child Membership form.
Please note you’ll need a photo/scan of the child’s birth certificate or passport to complete the process.
Not a member? (12-18 year olds)
If you’re 12-18 years of age and not already linked to a membership you can join online now. Simply select ‘Just for me’ at the beginning of our online membership form and following the prompts.
Please note you’ll need a at least one form of personal identification.
Not a member? (Guardian or parent)
If you’re over 18 years of age and would like to join online and open a child membership at the same time. Simply select ‘Me and a child’ at the beginning of our online membership form and follow the prompts.
Please note you’ll need a at least one form of personal identification for you and a photo/scan of the child’s birth certificate or passport to complete the process.
You should review the Deposit Accounts and Access Services Terms and Conditions to determine if this product is suitable for your personal needs and situation.