How can I contact Credit Union SA?
Member Contact Centre
You can speak to a member of our friendly Member Contact team quickly and easily, six days a week.
If you have your Access Code we can help you quickly and efficiently, but if you don’t have one that’s fine – give us a call and we can help with your enquiries.
- 08 8211 9457 in Australia
- +61 8 8211 9457 overseas.
- 8.00am - 5.30pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday)
- 9.30am - 5.30pm (Wednesday)
- 9.00am - 12.00pm (Saturday).
Complete our online contact form.
Write to us at:
Credit Union SA
GPO Box 699
Adelaide SA 5001
We've got a number of branches around SA for your convenience, where you can discuss loans, credit cards, savings accounts or any of our other services. Locate your nearest branch.
Who is Credit Union SA?
Credit Union SA is South Australia's third largest credit union, with seven branches, over $900 million in assets and just under 50,000 members.
We were formed on 1 October 2009 by a merger between former South Australian credit unions Satisfac and Powerstate, which had their origins in the education and industrial sectors respectively. Both organisations were renowned for their local knowledge.
As a customer owned banking organisation, we are not driven by the need to return dividends to shareholders in the manner of the major banks. As a result, we're able to channel the profits we generate back to our membership and broader community.
This is achieved in the form of innovative new products and services, low fees, great interest rates, high levels of personal service, and community development initiatives and project funding.
I am heading overseas - any tips?
- Let us know where you are heading and how long for
- You should consider purchasing your travel insurance as soon as you book your flights and well before you travel
- Organise some foreign currency you may need for your trip. You can buy foreign cash from any of our branches and over the phone, and we recommend a Cash Passport as a great card solution while you travel.
- Memorise your PIN - this is the same PIN you use at home and is used in the same way at ATMs and in some countries, over-the-counter.
- Check the expiry date on all of your cards and ensure they are valid for the duration of your trip.
- Photocopy your Visa card and passport, but keep the photocopies separate as proof of information.
- If you are unsure of the security of an ATM please don't use it. A Visa cash advance can be done at any financial institution that displays the VISA symbol. You will need to take your card and passport as proof of ID.
- For the latest travel updates and information, visit smartraveller.com.au
What if the direct debit doesn’t go through or the wrong amount is debited?
A direct debit is an arrangement that you make directly with the third party - authorising them to take money out of your account - so any disputes in relation to the direct debit needs to be discussed with them directly. Of course if you are having problems in getting it sorted out, we’d be happy to assist you.
How do I arrange for a direct credit?
You need to supply your BSB, account number/member number and account name to the sending party - for example your payroll department at work. Once you have done that, it’s up to them to set it up.
How can I set up an automatic transfer?
Auto transfers are a simple and easy way to make regular payments, providing you with full control over how and when those payments are made.
They are regular transfers set up from your account to either a third party account, a BPAY biller, or another account of your own within Credit Union SA or at another financial institution. You can program the payments to occur weekly, fortnightly, monthly or quarterly for an indefinite or set number of occurrences. You have full control over how much is being sent, how often, to whom and when to stop the payments from being made.
How do I cancel a direct debit payment from my account?
If you wish to stop a direct debit that you previously authorised for a third party supplier to deduct payments from your account, you can contact the supplier directly to request a cancellation or you can request us to contact the supplier and cancel the payment on your behalf. If you request us to stop the payment you must contact us at least five business days before the next payment is due and we recommend you also contact the supplier to avoid any fees that the supplier may charge you as a result of the direct debit being dishonoured. Refer to Section 20 of Deposit Accounts and Access Services Terms and Conditions.
I think I may have been caught by a scam, what should I do?
Protecting our members' funds is of paramount importance to us and we are constantly developing and taking steps to keep it that way. If you suspect the security of your accounts may be compromised, do not hesitate to contact us on 8202 7777 during business hours.
I have received a cheque in a foreign currency - what can I do?
Our foreign cheque deposit conversion service is a convenient way to receive payment by foreign currency cheques. Funds are held in your account and usually become available to access after 30 business days.
What is Eftpos?
Eftpos is the service where you can make purchases by presenting your card and selecting ‘savings’ or ‘cheque’. Fees may apply to use this service so please refer to the fees applicable to your account. Check out these other ways you can use your card:
- With your Visa debit card or Visa credit card, use payWave for purchases under $100. PayWave is a fast and easy way of paying for your purchases, plus you are covered by Visa’s Zero Liability policy for any purchase you make.
- Need cash? Withdraw cash at the same time as making a purchase (at participating merchants) when paying for purchases with your debit card and save!
- If you don't need cash, and have a Visa debit or credit card, you can select the credit option (where available) and this transaction will not attract a fee, regardless of which account you hold. Just remember that when you select the credit option, that sometimes it can take a few days for the transaction amount to debit your account.
- Plus, with our Access Account, 55+ Account and Home Loan Offset Accounts, you can use your card as much as you want, however you want, whenever you want for purchases both in Australia and overseas and you won’t pay any transaction costs.*
*For full terms and conditions, please review our disclosure documents.