SALA for Schools
Credit Union SA is proud to be the Education Partner for the South Australian Living Artists (SALA) Festival.
What is SALA Festival?
Established in 1998, the South Australian Living Artists (SALA) Festival is the largest open access visual arts festival in Australia.
For the entire month of August, audiences are able to explore, engage with and discover the work of South Australian artists in a diverse range of unique spaces across the CBD, suburbs and SA regions. All exhibitions are FREE!
Credit Union SA, SALA Festival Education Partner
We are proud to be the Education Partner of the SALA Festival and support student participation in the 2021 SALA Festival by providing FREE registration to all schools and pre-schools.
Schools are invited to show student work through online and/or physical exhibitions that comply with State Government restrictions.
In 2021, registrations will be accepted until 10 May so that the details may be included in the printed SALA program. Watch our video below to find out why your school should participate! Check the SALA website when the exhibitions program is launched.
Credit Union SA School Awards
The Credit Union SA School Awards are a great incentive to participate in SALA Festival. All schools that register will automatically be in the running for the Credit Union SA School Awards.
We present art prizes for best primary school exhibition, best secondary school exhibition as well as best student artist in both categories. Awards will be judged during the SALA Festival, with winners to be announced after the Festival concludes. Registration is FREE for exhibiting schools.
- $2,500 Best Primary School Exhibition
- $2,500 Best Secondary School Exhibition
- $1,000 Runner up Primary School Exhibition
- $1,000 Runner up Secondary School Exhibition
40 schools entered the 2019 SALA Festival awards, which positively impacted in the lives of 4,620+ young South Australians. In 2019, there was a 48% increase in school registrations on 2018, including an increase of rural area participation. Credit Union SA's partnership enabled SA schools to save a total of $2,600 in registration fees.
- Adelaide High School - Adelaide High School SALA Exhibition 2020
- Faith Lutheran College - Feels to Frames - Faith Lutheran College Year 6 Artists
- St John's Grammar School - Ã la carte
- Wirreanda Secondary School - Classic Blue
- Nuriootpa High School – Nuriootpa High School Senior SALA Exhibition
- Walkerville Primary School – Walk the Terrace with Walkerville Primary School
- St John’s Grammar - Conversations with Line
- Riverland Special School - Sensory Stars
- The Heights School - The Heights School Art Exhibition Competition
- St Gabriel’s School - Gabriel’s Gallery
- Woodside Primary - Plastic Oceans
- St Brigid’s School - Identity Explorers
- Elizabeth Grove Primary School - Square-eyed
- Encounter Lutheran College, Investigator - SALA School Art Show
- College and Victor Harbor High School - SALA School Art Show
- Bowden Brompton Community School - Work Hard Dream Big
- St John’s Grammar School - Current Practice