SALA for Schools
Credit Union SA is proud to be the Education Partner for the South Australian Living Artists (SALA) Festival.
Credit Union SA supports schools and kindergartens to participate in SALA Festival and this year students are exhibiting right across South Australia.
The SALA for Schools program is looking a little bit different this year! The 2020 program has been modified to adhere to physical distancing measures. Schools are invited to show student work through online exhibitions and physical exhibitions that comply with State Government restrictions.
All schools that register will automatically be in the running for the Credit Union SA School Awards. Registrations close August 31 2020 – watch our video below to find out why your school should participate!
What is SALA Festival?
Established in 1998, the South Australian Living Artists (SALA) Festival is the largest open access visual arts festival in Australia.
For the entire month of August, audiences are able to explore, engage with and discover the work of South Australian artists in a diverse range of unique spaces across the CBD, suburbs and SA regions. All exhibitions are FREE.
What can your school do to participate this year?
In addition to raising the profile of the SALA Festival, Credit Union SA’s partnership also aims to encourage South Australian schools to participate, with a range of school art prizes on offer.
Credit Union SA will present art prizes for best primary school exhibition, best secondary school exhibition as well as best student artist in both categories:
|Credit Union SA School Awards|
|Best Primary School Exhibition|
|Best Secondary School Exhibition|
|Runner up Primary School Exhibition|
|Runner up Secondary School Exhibition
Awards will be judged during the SALA Festival, with winners to be announced after the Festival concludes.
Registration is FREE for exhibiting schools.
- Registrations are open from 2 March - 31 August 2020
- SALA Festival runs 1 – 31 August 2020
Credit Union SA, SALA Festival Education Partner
Credit Union SA encourages all South Australian schools to participate in SALA by exhibiting or attending events. If you don’t think you are ready to stage an exhibition this year, why not take your school or students to visit some other exhibitions around SA?
Check the SALA website when the exhibitions program is launched.
40 schools entered the 2019 SALA Festival awards, which positively impacted in the lives of 4,620+ young South Australians. In 2019, there was a 48% increase in school registrations on 2018, including an increase of rural area participation. Credit Union SA's partnership enabled SA schools to save a total of $2,600 in registration fees.
- Adelaide High School - Adelaide High School SALA Exhibition 2020
- Faith Lutheran College - Feels to Frames - Faith Lutheran College Year 6 Artists
- St John's Grammar School - Ã la carte
- Wirreanda Secondary School - Classic Blue
- St John’s Grammar - Conversations with Line
- Riverland Special School - Sensory Stars
- The Heights School - The Heights School Art Exhibition Competition
- St Gabriel’s School - Gabriel’s Gallery
- Woodside Primary - Plastic Oceans
- St Brigid’s School - Identity Explorers
- Elizabeth Grove Primary School - Square-eyed
- Encounter Lutheran College, Investigator - SALA School Art Show
- College and Victor Harbor High School - SALA School Art Show
- Bowden Brompton Community School - Work Hard Dream Big
- St John’s Grammar School - Current Practice