- Purpose & Values Driven Organisation
- Major Digital Innovation Focus
- Highly Motivated Team Environment & Flexible Work Arrangements Available
About Credit Union SA
Credit Union SA is one of South Australia’s largest credit unions, with over 50,000 people trusting us to provide their everyday banking needs to help them thrive. We are a member owned organisation, so it’s our members – everyone who banks with us – who collectively own us. This means that it’s them, their families and communities who are our top priority and that we channel our profits back to support our members and the local community.
Our purpose is to help South Australians thrive and we bring this to life through our connection with the community. One example of this is raising over $500,000 for South Australian schools because we believe that education plays an extremely important role in transforming communities.
Working for Credit Union SA
Working for Credit Union SA means being part of a company that encourages you to bring your whole self to work, supports you to be your best and enables you to thrive. We mean it when we say we value and encourage diverse thinking, collaboration and promote innovation. Our desire to build a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we support means we are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
We value people with integrity, a willingness to help others and the determination to perform to the best of their abilities. We are also really proud of the careers we have helped to build and the feeling of belonging that is part of working at Credit Union SA. With a number of staff having spent more than a couple of decades with us, we think we have something right in our formula.
We also offer a great range of staff benefits including flexible work arrangements, 5 additional days leave a year (1x day off for your birthday and 1x Thrive Day off each quarter), gender neutral parental leave, a casual dress code, an on-site gym, support to develop and grow your career, great rates on home and personal loans, discounts on general insurance products and discounted health insurance through our partnership network, to name a few.
About the Role
The Credit Union SA team have put in significant effort over the last 3+ years to reach a mature level of Security and this exciting role (reporting to the Senior Manager Technology Operations and Security) will be responsible for continuing our security maturity through partnerships, improving tools, and providing support to our operations and business teams.
The role will be Credit Union SA’s expert in Cyber and Information Security and will apply progressive and innovative thinking to ensure Credit Union SA’s information assets and supply chain partners reside within agreed risk levels.
The key responsibilities of this role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Provision of information security advice and analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Influence the design of effective and secure technology systems and applications.
- Identify, assess, and mitigate security risks, including control design and implementation.
- Evaluate new legislation and compliance and policy changes relevant to business.
- Standards for good cyber security.
- Alignment with industry standards and frameworks for self-assessments and benchmarking exercises e.g. NIST CSF, CPS234, ISO27001, PCI-DSS and Essential 8.
- Management of third-party security risk assessments and performing of technology risk and information security reviews
- Investigate, respond to, resolve, and report on information and security incidents and issues.
- Assist with design and implementation of information security assurance and Perform controls testing activities in 1st line capacity.
- Assist and coordinate with internal and external audit functions.
- Enhance information security policies, standards, procedures, and guidance.
- Support an effective information security management framework.
- Liaise with project, operational teams, and business leaders to ensure information security is embedded throughout the organisation.
- Assess and advise on appropriate information security practices for key suppliers, vendors and third parties.
- Liaise and work collaboratively with technology vendors, external audit partners and the Credit Union peers.
- Conduct penetration testing regularly to gauge the effectiveness of security measures.
- Collaborate with the Technology Operations team to strengthen network and system security.
- Assist in training staff on network and information security procedures and best practices.
- Stay up to date with the latest cyber security trends and hacker methodologies to ensure our security measures are always a step ahead.
The successful candidate will be required to operate with a moderate degree of independence and will be expected to plan and implement their own work program under the guidance of the Senior Manager Technology Operations and Security, while also working closely with key business stakeholders.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience using Information Security Tools and a good knowledge of contemporary technology. The individual also requires experience in Information Security Governance e.g. information and security architecture principles and practices, as well as an expert understanding of technology and information security constructs, from high level principles through to detailed technical configuration and controls, including network, system and application design and configuration.
The successful candidate will also need to possess the following:
- Expert understanding of cyber threat vectors and hacking methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of technology, security, cyber, control and risk frameworks and standards including ITIL, PCI-DSS, CPS234, ISO27001, NIST CSF, OWASP, MITRE Defend/Attack and the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Experience with incident management.
- Experience working in a complex multi-vendor environment across the whole technology stack.
- Solid understanding of business process and risk analysis.
- Solid understanding in the design and implementation of a framework of security controls, including vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
- Strong knowledge of data encryption, network security, and secure coding practices.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and team collaboration skills.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline would be highly desirable for this role, as would a high level of confidence and drive to succeed in ensuring Credit Union SA continues to embrace leading-edge digital systems and technologies.
Certifications like CISSP, or CompTIA Security+ will be an added advantage.
We are actively looking to fill this role and reserve the right to shortlist and interview applicants whilst this advertisement is open so encourage you to submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
As an equal opportunity employer, Credit Union SA has created a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and values the contribution of all people. We encourage applications from all suitably experienced individuals.
For a copy of the position description, please see link below.
Applications in Microsoft Word or PDF format only should be forwarded to the attention of Lilly Bourlotos, People & Performance Consultant.
Quoting Reference Number: V0275