- Purpose driven organisation and highly motivated team environment
- Flexible work arrangements including opportunity to work from home
- Management Information Systems Reporting & Analytics Focus
About Credit Union SA
Credit Union SA is one of South Australia’s largest credit unions, with over 50,000 people trusting us to provide their everyday banking needs to help them thrive. We are a member owned organisation, so it’s our members – everyone who banks with us – who collectively own us. This means that it’s them, their families and communities who are our top priority and that we channel our profits back to support our members and the local community.
Our purpose is to help South Australians thrive and on the ways that we bring this to life is through our connection with the community. One example of this, is raising over $450,000 for South Australian schools because we believe that education plays an extremely important role in transforming communities.
Working for Credit Union SA
Working for Credit Union SA means being part of a company that encourages you to bring your whole self to work, supports you to be your best and enables you to thrive. We mean it when we say we value and encourage diverse thinking, collaboration and promote innovation. Our desire to build a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we support means we are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
We value people with integrity, a willingness to help others and the determination to perform to the best of their abilities. We are also really proud of the careers we have helped to build and the feeling of belonging that is part of working at Credit Union SA and with a number of staff having spent more than a couple of decades with us, we think we have something right in that formula.
We also offer a great range of staff benefits including flexible work arrangements, gender neutral parental leave, a casual dress code, an on-site gym, support to develop and grow your career, great rates on home and personal loans, discounts on general insurance products as well as discounted health insurance through our partnership network to name a few.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior MIS Reporting Analyst, this role is accountable for providing support to the Reporting and Analytics team in meeting Credit Union SA’s reporting and data analysis commitments. Key focus of this role is to provide a high level of service to stakeholders by crafting and delivering datasets and reports to add value to the business and to meet a wide range of needs from all business functions.
In addition, your analytical and technical skills as well as strong communication skill will be utilised as you work with a large number of internal stakeholders including the Executive team.
Some other key areas of accountability will include but not be limited to the following:
- Develop new and existing reports by considering reusability, reliability, consistency and maintainability of data across the data analytics platform and reporting services to facilitate decision making within the organisation.
- Dive deep to identify and resolve problems at their root to safeguard the data analytics platform and reporting services are operating to intended function.
- Ensure that company’s data is centralised into a single source of truth and unified data models to support data analysis requirements from all functional teams of the company
- Prepare and build out meaningful representations of data by composing SQL scripts to extract, clean and transform data.
- Own the full data pipeline lifecycle, from source systems to the data consumption targets, enabling the creation of datasets, reports, dashboards, and analysis to track business performance and meet compliance needs.
- Understand the business through our people, processes, data and technology to uncover insights and add value to the business.
- Collaborate with business units and engaging with multiple internal stakeholders to collect requirements and elicit reporting needs.
- Participate in the broader Finance team to support Credit Union SA's values and high performance culture.
- Working collaboratively to build a supportive and high performance environment and deliver a high level of service to stakeholders.
To be successful in this role it is essential that you have a proven track record in a similar role and ideally you will also have worked within a financial services institution. We’re also looking for someone who holds the ambition to grow their career with us in the future.
The following skills are also essential for this role:
- Possess strong attention to detail, reconciliation, and engineering mindsets.
- Highly organised and reliable with the ability to think of the bigger picture.
- High aptitude for relational database management systems and associated reporting tools
- Previous experience with Microsoft SQL Server & Power BI or similar.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Excel (including VBA).
- You prefer simple and effective, over complicated, and efficient, you like to solve problems once, so that they stay solved.
- Good time management with the ability to prioritise and deliver to schedule.
- Exposure to cloud services tools.
- Ability to solve problems and architect in an environment with unclear requirements.
- Great skills with SQL or other programming languages, experience creating and maintaining tables, views, and stored procedures to orchestrate data pipelines.
- Experience owning, tracking, and delivering goals, working both independently and in teams.
- Curiosity and self-drive to continuously learn, develop new skills, and share these capabilities to extract value from data – importantly you have a growth mindset.
- Communication skills with the ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Able to build and maintain working relationships within all areas of the organisation.
An understanding of, and interest in, the financial services sector, along with previous experience with Microsoft’s cloud based data services (Azure) as well as experience building and managing large data platforms will also be highly regarded.
We are actively looking to fill this role and reserve the right to shortlist and interview applicants whilst this advertisement is open so encourage you to submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
Closing date for applications is Friday 8 July 2022
Applications in Microsoft Word or pdf format only should be addressed to the attention of Lilly Bourlotos, People & Performance Consultant
Quoting Reference Number: V0221