- Purpose & Values Driven Organisation
- Major Digital Innovation Focus
- Highly Motivated Team Environment & Flexible Work Arrangements Available
About Credit Union SA
Credit Union SA is one of South Australia’s largest credit unions, with over 50,000 people trusting us to provide their everyday banking needs to help them thrive. We are a member owned organisation, so it’s our members – everyone who banks with us – who collectively own us. This means that it’s them, their families and communities who are our top priority and that we channel our profits back to support our members and the local community.
Our purpose is to help South Australians thrive and on the ways that we bring this to life is through our connection with the community. One example of this, is raising over $450,000 for South Australian schools because we believe that education plays an extremely important role in transforming communities.
Working for Credit Union SA
Working for Credit Union SA means being part of a company that encourages you to bring your whole self to work, supports you to be your best and enables you to thrive. We mean it when we say we value and encourage diverse thinking, collaboration and promote innovation. Our desire to build a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we support means we are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
We value people with integrity, a willingness to help others and the determination to perform to the best of their abilities. We are also really proud of the careers we have helped to build and the feeling of belonging that is part of working at Credit Union SA and with a number of staff having spent more than a couple of decades with us, we think we have something right in that formula.
We also offer a great range of staff benefits including flexible work arrangements, gender neutral parental leave, a casual dress code, an on-site gym, support to develop and grow your career, great rates on home and personal loans, discounts on general insurance products as well as discounted health insurance through our partnership network to name a few.
About the Role
We have put in significant effort over the last 2+ years to reach a mature level of Security and this exciting role that reports into the Technology Operations and Security Manager will be responsible for continuing our security maturity. This will be through partnerships, improving tools and providing support to our operations and business teams. You will also be our expert in information security and will apply progressive and innovative thinking to ensure information assets and supply chain partners reside within agreed risk levels.
The key responsibilities of this role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Providing sound information security advice and analysis to internal and external stakeholders.
- Influencing the design of effective and secure technology systems and applications.
- Identifying, assessing and mitigating security risks, including control design and implementation and advising on appropriate information security practices for key suppliers, vendors and third parties.
- Investigating, responding to, resolving and reporting on information and security incidents and issues.
- Assisting with the design and implementation of information security assurance and testing activities.
- Enhancing information security policies, standards, procedures and guidance whilst supporting an effective information security management framework.
- Liaising with project, operational teams and business leaders to ensure information security is embedded throughout the organisation.
- Working collaboratively with technology vendors, external audit partners and our peers.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about information security underpinned by a good knowledge of contemporary technology, information and security architecture principles and practices. You don’t need to have decades of experience in a similar role however, ideally you will be someone who has gained a strong understanding of technology and information security constructs, from high level principles through to detailed technical configuration and controls, including network, system and application design and configuration through a combination of study and experience. You will be required to operate with a moderate degree of independence and expected to plan and implement your own work program under the guidance of the Technology Operations and Security Manager, while also working closely with key business stakeholders, so great organisational skills are also a must.
As this role is one of our internal technical experts, you will also need to have:
- Strong understanding of cyber threat vectors and hacking methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of technology, security, cyber, control and risk frameworks and standards including ITIL, PCIDSS, ISO27001, NIST, OWASP, COBIT and the Australian Privacy Principles.
- Experience with incident management systems and responses.
- Experience working in a complex multi-vendor environment across the whole technology stack.
- Solid understanding of business process and risk analysis.
- Solid understanding in the design and implementation of a framework of security controls, including vulnerability assessments and penetration tests.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline would be highly desirable for this role as would a high level of confidence and drive to succeed in ensuring we continues to embrace leading-edge digital systems and technologies.
We are actively looking to fill this role and reserve the right to shortlist and interview applicants whilst this advertisement is open so encourage you to submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
For a copy of the position description, please visit our website.
Applications in Microsoft Word or pdf format only should be forwarded to the attention of Lilly Bourlotos, People & Performance Consultant.
Quoting Reference Number: V0222
To apply for this vacancy please click on the link below to apply for the role through SEEK: