- Purpose & Values Driven Organisation
- Financial Crimes – Cards Focus
- Highly Motivated Team Environment & Flexible Work Arrangements Available
About Credit Union SA
Credit Union SA is one of South Australia’s largest credit unions, with over 50,000 people trusting us to provide their everyday banking needs to help them thrive. We are a member owned organisation, so it’s our members – everyone who banks with us – who collectively own us. This means that it’s them, their families and communities who are our top priority and that we channel our profits back to support our members and the local community.
Helping South Australians thrive. It’s our purpose and what we do each day through our connection with local organisations such as Zahra Foundation, St John’s Youth Services and Foodbank SA. The education community is also in our DNA, that’s why our new School Impact Program will provide access to vital funding for schools and we’ve committed $1 million dollars across the next ten years to support future generations in SA.
Working for Credit Union SA
Working for Credit Union SA means being part of a company that encourages you to bring your whole self to work, supports you to be your best and enables you to thrive. We mean it when we say we value and encourage diverse thinking, collaboration and promote innovation. Our desire to build a workforce that is as diverse as the communities we support means we are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities.
We value people with integrity, a willingness to help others and the determination to perform to the best of their abilities. We are also proud of the careers we have helped to build and the feeling of belonging that is part of working at Credit Union SA. With a number of staff having spent more than a couple of decades with us, we think we have something right in that formula.
We also offer a great range of staff benefits including flexible work arrangements, gender neutral parental leave, a casual dress code, an on-site gym, support to develop and grow your career, great rates on home and personal loans, discounts on general insurance products as well as discounted health insurance through our partnership network, to name a few.
About the Role
Being responsible for investigating and resolving card and digital wallet transaction disputes and providing a great member experience through the timely and accurate management of disputes, while ensuring compliance with policy, card schemes and subscribed codes is what this role is all about.
Doing this while demonstrating a high level of engagement with Credit Union SA’s Purpose, Values, Strategic Themes and Member Experience (MX) Vision in collaboration with all other business units within the Credit Union is what will set you apart.
The key responsibilities of this role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Managing card and digital wallet transaction disputes and investigations for members and external parties.
- Ensuring compliance with policy, card schemes and subscribed codes.
- Analysis of transactional and dispute typologies to identify and report fraud trends.
- Providing a high level of professionalism and communication both verbally and in writing to members, external parties and internal team members.
- Providing a great member experience through personal interactions, timely updates and demonstrated commitment to achieving appropriate outcomes.
- Undertaking reporting and ensuring reporting occurs in a timely manner to both external and internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also be required to assist the Financial Crimes team in keeping the Credit Union safe from significant reputational damage and financial loss from fraud activities.
We’re looking for an individual who has experience and possesses skills in all the following areas:
- Extensive knowledge of Visa & EFTPOS card scheme rules and the ePayments Code.
- Highly developed analytical and reporting skills.
- Ability to work methodically with a high level of attention to detail.
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders across all departments.
- Demonstrated high levels of collaboration and experience working in an open culture where team output is a high priority.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships across all internal and external stakeholders in order to improve and support business objectives.
- Positive, proactive and results driven with a drive to succeed.
- Self-motivated with high levels of personal accountability and proactivity.
Prior experience in a Card Disputes role would be highly desirable for this role, coupled with knowledge of money laundering and other financial crimes typologies and an advanced high level of technical knowledge of Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
As an equal opportunity employer, Credit Union SA has created a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and values the contribution of all people. We encourage applications from all suitably experienced individuals.
We are actively looking to fill this role and reserve the right to shortlist and interview applicants whilst this advertisement is open so encourage you to submit your application at your earliest opportunity.
For a copy of the position description, please see below.
Applications in Microsoft Word or PDF format only should be forwarded to the attention of Lilly Bourlotos, People & Performance Consultant by using the link below.