Mobile Banking App
Open a branch on your smartphone
Credit Union SA's new Mobile Banking App is ideal for when you need to do your banking on the run.
Ever tried to pay for dinner at a restaurant only to find you forgot to top-up your debit card? Or discovered at a supermarket checkout that you neglected to transfer some savings into your grocery shopping account?
If you already have the Mobile Banking App and haven't yet switched over to the brand new version (launched in December 2015), simply visit the iTunes or Google Play app store and the update will be available for you to download. Time is running out - make sure you download the update by 2nd February 2016 when the older app will be discontinued and you can no longer use it.
Please note - for those members who have a device with an operating system that does not support the new app, (and are unable to update the operating system), you can continue to access your banking from your mobile device via the new responsive Internet Banking site. This site has been especially designed to automatically adjust the viewing experience to the device and screen you are using, giving you all the benefits of Internet Banking whenever and wherever you please.
Mobile Banking Lite users - Due to the responsive nature of our new Internet Banking, you will no longer need to use Mobile Banking Lite as Internet Banking works across mobile devices.
Tap & Pay (Android only)
The new app (launched in December 2015) allows users to make contactless purchases via your phone using Near Field Communication (NFC) wherever Visa payWave is accepted (only available on Android devices with KitKat 4.4 or later). Refer to this link for a list of NFC compatible smartphones. To find out more about this great feature, refer to the relevant section in the Mobile Banking App User Guide.
Fingerprint login (Apple only)
If you have Touch ID enabled on your iOS device, you can use it instead of your PIN to log in to our Mobile Banking App. You'll then be prompted to use Touch ID to sign in each time a banking function is requested and there isn't an active session. Refer to this link for instructions on setting up Touch ID.
Operating System Requirements
The new Mobile Banking App requires an operating system that is at least 4.0 for Android and iOS 7.0 for Apple devices.
- You can check which version you are running in your device settings.
- You can update your iOS version on your mobile phone under Settings > General > Software Update.
- Or for an Android device go to Settings > About device > Software updates.
Available for both Apple and Android
Both apps combine the best functionality of Internet Banking and our website with just a simple tap and swipe.
Mobile Banking App allows you to:
- Check balances and view your account history
- Transfer between your Credit Union SA accounts
- Transfer to other Credit Union Members accounts
- Transfer to other financial institutions
- Pay bills via BPAY.
Plus you can:
- Find your closest Credit Union SA branch/rediATM
- Find out Credit Union SA’s great rates
- Find out about other Credit Union SA products
- Access financial calculators.
And to make mobile banking even more convenient, both apps only require a four digit PIN or pattern login.
Key things to remember:
- Don't keep your member number and PIN code with your mobile device
- Use the log out button when you're done
- Contact us if you've lost your mobile device or feel that someone may know your login details
- You must be resitered for Internet Banking to have access to the app
- If you want to provide feedback on the app, select the 'App Feedback' option at the top of the Menu section on the app
- The app comes with all the same rigorous security measures as Credit Union SA's Internet Banking facility
- Note: Mobile data usage charges may apply, check with your mobile service provider for details.
Find out more
If you have any questions about the Mobile Banking App, or the recent changes to your Internet Banking facility, please do not hesitate to call our friendly Member Contact Centre on 8202 7777 or visit your nearest branch.
For full terms and conditions, please review our disclosure documents.